3D DESIGN- CAREER PROJECT: FASHION DESIGNER
Position: Fashion Designer
Job Description: Fashion designers are in charge of creating a theme for a collection including an original theme for clothing, accessories, and footwear. They also sketch designs, create patterns, and fabrics for their collection.
Starting Salary: $32.00/ per hour $64,030/ annually.
Duties and responsibilities:
1.This job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
2. Fashion designers use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternate solutions.
3. They also need to have knowledge of raw materials, production processes, costs, and other techniques.
4. Fashion designers must have knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
5. They must have the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
1. Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, and an Associates Degree in fashion merchandising or marketing.
2. This job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
3. Employees in these occupations usually need one or two years of training involving both on-the-job experience and informal training with experienced workers.
4. These occupations usually involve using communication and organizational skills to coordinate, supervise, manage, or train others to accomplish goals.
5. This job requires knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
I chose this career because for as long as I could remember I’ve always wanted to be in the fashion industry. It has been a dream of mine to be a fashion designer and I knew that I really wanted to be in this industry when I found myself creating sketches and looking through tons of magazines to find inspiration. I believe this career would be a great for me because I am creative and passionate about art and fashion. My mom has always had a love for shopping and clothing so that also inspired me a little bit when it came to creating designs. All of these significant events helped me realize what I wanted to do as my career.
In my design, included four different kinds of high heels because I love all kinds shoes and know that when I start designing I will create tons of them. I also included the Eiffel tower because fashion is very popular in France and I’ve always wanted to go there and the fashion in Paris can be an inspiration to me. The last significant item that I included was the Chanel logo. This symbol is important to me because Chanel is one of my favorite designers that made me love fashion design. All of these symbols are important to me because they all had a different way in inspiring me to become a designer.
SOCIAL JUSTICE: RACIAL DISCRIMINATION IN THE WORKPLACE
Racial Discrimination is the act of disrespecting someone of another race by treating them poorly solely based on the color of their skin. Discrimination against minorities has been an issue several years now. Although there aren’t as many restrictions against minorities like how it was in the early 1800’s and 1900’s, there have still been several instances when individuals have been discriminated because their skin color. Like any place, the workplace is a very common area for racial discrimination to take place.
Victims of racial discrimination in the workplace are often advised to take certain steps in order to obtain justice. Victims should first take note of all the discriminatory actions they have experienced. They should include all necessary information to serve as evidence including anyone that may have witnessed these events. Anyone who is being discriminated against should consult their employers or seek help from an employment lawyer. Employment lawyers have knowledge of the existing laws in that state and can help victims assert for their racial discriminatory claim to eventually receive the appropriate compensation. To avoid racial discrimination in the workplace, employers should make all of the necessary steps to make sure of the well being of their employees.
In my visual metaphor, it is taking place in the office with one girl of color being discriminated by her fellow colleagues. There is also a hand above her head as a way of emphasizing that is unwanted and does not belong. The hand in a flicking motion toward the girl represents movement in this visual metaphor as if she is being kicked out. What makes this image ironic is how there is a sign in the background that reads “Discrimination” with a giant red line through it. The girl being discriminated against has her hands over her face as if she was crying in this image. This emphasizes on the effects discrimination could have. This visual metaphor also shows a variety of the different objects in the image that bring it all together as one.